Monday 6 July 2015

New Member of the TLC Team!



Hi, my name is Jacqui and I wanted to introduce myself as the newest member of The Literary Commune’s editorial team. Over the next few weeks, I will be finding my way around the submissions folder and am very much looking forward to reading some of the great work that you guys have been sending in. I will also be keeping our blog updated so any ideas for interviews or too-good-to-miss writing-related news, leave a comment!

To tell you a bit about myself, I have been writing for a long time and have had my creative work published in Acorn Magazine, on Jacqui Bennett Writer’s Bureau website and on Literally Stories. My unpublished novel Coming Second was shortlisted for the 2014 Luke Bitmead Bursary. I am currently studying for an MA in Creative Writing at Manchester Metropolitan University and also work as Student Editor-in-Chief of the university’s online magazine Humanity Hallows. When not writing, I am a busy mum-of-three and a big music fan.

So, on to TLC business! Our submission window for Issue 6 is open until 18th July so if you have a fantastic story or poem that you’d like us to read for this issue, please send it to submissions@theliterarycommune.co.uk asap! Make sure you read our Submissions Policy first to give you an idea of the kind of stuff we like to read. The rules are not set in stone, so if you have a brilliant idea and are not sure if it will suit us, feel free to ask! Once the submission window is closed, we will be in touch and Issue 6 will be published on 1st August.

Also don’t forget you can advertise in TLC for a very reasonable price. So, if you, or anyone you know, has a book, film or music project that the world (or, at least, the TLC community) needs to know about, see our advertising page or drop us a line for more info to theliterarycommune@yahoo.co.uk


Looking forward to getting to know you all and don't forget to 'like' us on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment